Heroes on Horseback enriches our community and the lives of individuals with special needs by providing equine assisted activities and therapy in an effective, compassionate environment.
- We have served our community and empowered lives for 18 years.
- Our program has been based out of 8 different locations within the Lowcountry since we launched in 2000.
- Our teaching staff has grown to include 6 certified instructors and 2 instructors in training.
- Over 250 volunteers have served our program since its establishment.
- Our volunteers have clocked over 1,000 community service hours.
- An average of 12 schools throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties use our services every year.
- Over 300 participants have been part of our program.
- There are currently 3 veterans participating in our Veterans Program.
- Currently, we oversee a herd of 8 horses for use in our programs.
We adhere to the policies and standards set forth by PATH INTERNATIONAL.
As our governing body, PATH makes sure we are constantly striving to learn more about the way we can better our therapeutic equine program. PATH guidelines ensure the latest safety standards are adhered to in every part of our program.